Thread: Banned Domain?

Default Banned Domain?

Hi,

I've got a website that has been running vBadvanced v2.2.1 fine for years and recently we unfortunately had to change the domain due to the fact that we lost communication with the person who was administrating the previous domain and thus it expired. We simply purchased the .org version of the same domain as before and I went through all the config files and databases and updated everything accordingly.

Everything seems to be working great with the exception of vBadvanced; when you visit the homepage it simply gives the following error:

domain.org is BANNED!! (obviously I replaced the domain but the rest of the error is correct)

I logged into my vbadvanced.com members area and created a new license for the new domain, however the error is still there.....

Does anyone know what needs to be done to get this particular license issue fixed?

Thank You.
    Steve

I believe vBa CMPS works on licensing info.

This info will have to be updated to reflect the web address.

If the other person left you without this info, maybe you can make another account and update it.
    I don't know if that is allowed here or not.

p.s. Also, the vBulletin license will probably need to be updated as well.
    Fighting For Peace, Is Like Screwing For Virginity

Hi,

Thanks for the reply; I've already registered the new URL in the "member's area" portion of the vbadvanced site and the license shows as being active....

I've also already updated the vbulletin license URL at vbulletin.com as well....

I'm thinking that I may actually have to replace some of the vbadvanced files for the site that are "hard-coded" with the old domain name in them, however I'd prefer not to replace all of the files since I imagine I did some customizing to them years ago when I originally built the site, thus if I knew which specific files I'd need to replace I could take care of it.

Thank You.
    Steve

Thread Information