Thread: Issue Saving Template

Default Issue Saving Template

I can't save the showentry template after modifying it or even when it is the default template. I hit save and reload and it acts as if it is saving but simply doesn't reload. This happens even if I just hit save. The strange thing here is that it is across every instance I have installed (5). No matter what instance I am using I simply can't save that template.

I thought perhaps it was a template issue, so I reinstalled the templates using the install file. That worked fine but didn't correct the issue. I also found that I could cut the template in half by size and it would save just fine. The moment I added all of the content back it stopped saving. What could be causing this? I have some modifications I need to make and it is crucial I am able to modify these templates. Thanks Brian. (I have a multiple instance license with brand free.)

The server here must be experiencing a hiccup because it says this thread has been viewed 48,854 times and no one has responded. lmao I actually screen captured it to show everyone. lol

The reason I am reporting back is because I have isolated the issue within the template that is causing it not to save and I need help figuring out why.

The code causing the issue is the:

Code:
    <vb:each
    Once I removed all 4 instances of those variables using that code, the template would save. If even one of them was left in the code, the template wouldn't save. What does the server need to have or need to have disabled for that to be saved to the database? The default code WORKS just fine with that code in it, so it is being processed properly. I simply can't save that template even if it is the default code I am trying to save. lol

I really need a hand with this as I use your scripts extensively and this is a massive issue for me.

What version of vBulletin and vBa Dynamics are you running? Do you have any other products or plugins installed that might affect templates? Dynamics does not affect vBulletin's template system at all and the <vb:each> tag is certainly valid code, so it sounds more like you may have something else installed that's causing the issue.
    Frequently Asked Questions
    CMPS Users Manual

For vBadvanced software assistance, please use the support forums.
    Unsolicted PMs, IMs, and email will not be responded to.
    If you have a non-software related question or problem with your account, please submit a support ticket.

My apologies for not responding to this. I was able to figure it out. There was a mod_security module grabbing it. For some reason it was tripping the server up. Once we white listed the admin folder the issue disappeared.

Thread Information