Thread: Problems with link approval / navbar / thumbnails

Default Problems with link approval / navbar / thumbnails

Hello. I had the vbLinks professionally re-installed recently but I'm having trouble with three things:

1. I see no way to moderate/approve links. Users tell me they are submitting links but I see nothing to approve. I remember being able to do it before but now there's nothing in the AdminCP when I log in (which would be the ideal location where all my user/thread approval queues are found), and I see nothing when I visit the actual links page.

2. There used to be thumbnail previews of the sites. That no longer works and instead each thumbnail shows a graphic that says "thumbshots.com image coming soon."

3. The "Submit A Link / Link To Us / My Stuff / What's New / What's Popular" menu looks fine when you visit the links section as a guest. But when a user is logged in, the menu is crammed together on the far left like this:
    Submit A LinkLink To UsMy Stuff What's New What's Popular

Thank you so much for your help!

Any and all help is appreciated! I've also offered to pay for help via the Support Ticket system. Thanks!

I'm having the same problem with point 3! Editing the templates wont help either, which is weird.

Same issue with #3, also.

Anyone? Brian? Searching this forum shows that this is a common problem and has been brought up a number of times with no resolution. Could we get a fix for this, please?

No reply so far. I've submited a ticket and no reply either :/

My error log shows 3 errors:

File does not exist: /home/x/public_html/links/clientscript/vbpnt.js
    File does not exist: /home/x/public_html/links/clientscript/vbpnt.css
    script '/home/x/public_html/links/css.php' not found or unable to stat

and these files are not on the vblinks release zip file. Maybe this has something to do with the links on the navbar.

Is anybody getting any feedback from support?

Having same issue on #1, how did you fix?

1. Moderate Links - Do not see in my Links toolbar. I'm logged in as Administrator, should see everything...

using VB4.2.1
    Brian - How do I fix?

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    Hello. I had the vbLinks professionally re-installed recently but I'm having trouble with three things:

1. I see no way to moderate/approve links. Users tell me they are submitting links but I see nothing to approve. I remember being able to do it before but now there's nothing in the AdminCP when I log in (which would be the ideal location where all my user/thread approval queues are found), and I see nothing when I visit the actual links page.

2. There used to be thumbnail previews of the sites. That no longer works and instead each thumbnail shows a graphic that says "thumbshots.com image coming soon."

3. The "Submit A Link / Link To Us / My Stuff / What's New / What's Popular" menu looks fine when you visit the links section as a guest. But when a user is logged in, the menu is crammed together on the far left like this:
    Submit A LinkLink To UsMy Stuff What's New What's Popular

Thank you so much for your help!
    Last edited by interfx; 06-18-2013 at 12:28 PM.
    InterFX
    <br><br>

my Clients using VBa:
    ChristianMom.com | BrassReview.com | TrumpetForum.com

Figured out my issue. Had a 3rd party conflict (Quick Account Switch), once I turned it off, worked fine. Still not sure what the conflict is though.. For now will keep turning off the other product...
    InterFX
    <br><br>

my Clients using VBa:
    ChristianMom.com | BrassReview.com | TrumpetForum.com

interfx you are the man! I've been waiting since early this month but my ticket has not been addressed. I know this is not a paid product, but I bought branding free for all my licenses and would have expected a little courtesy on the other end.

I wonder what would happen if a mayor error came along and my website ceased to work...

Thread Information