vBadvanced Links Directory 3.3.2

Host upgraded to PHP 5.3.25

Upon accessing the main link directory page on my site, I get this:

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/<site>/public_html/forum/includes/init.php on line 55

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/<site>/public_html/forum/includes/init.php on line 107

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/<site>/public_html/forum/includes/init.php on line 111

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/<site>/public_html/forum/includes/init.php on line 119

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/<site>/public_html/forum/includes/init.php on line 130

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/<site>/public_html/forum/includes/init.php on line 134

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/<site>/public_html/forum/includes/init.php on line 142

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/<site>/public_html/forum/includes/init.php on line 211

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/<site>/public_html/forum/includes/init.php on line 389

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/<site>/public_html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 2552

I posted a support ticket but am posting here so that hopefully the solution, once obtained, helps others.