Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Module and Pages will not save

Default Module and Pages will not save

This problem just started happening recently. Whenever I create a new page or module and then save it, I get this message

on chrome "The server closed the connection without sending any data"
    and on modzilla "The connection was reset. The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading."

Can anyone help? Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by mikeee View Post
    This problem just started happening recently. Whenever I create a new page or module and then save it, I get this message

on chrome "The server closed the connection without sending any data"
    and on modzilla "The connection was reset. The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading."

Can anyone help? Thanks in advance
    Same exact problem very recent.

Do you happen to be on godaddy?

Quote Originally Posted by mikeee View Post
    Do you happen to be on godaddy?
    yes

Yep, happening to me with godaddy here too... it seems they may be blocking something since when I try to save, i get that error in Chrome that "the server has closed connection without sending any data". Won't save with any other browser also...

Starting happening in the last couple of weeks...

Default On phone with GoDaddy...

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Rob View Post
    Yep, happening to me with godaddy here too... it seems they may be blocking something since when I try to save, i get that error in Chrome that "the server has closed connection without sending any data". Won't save with any other browser also...

Starting happening in the last couple of weeks...
    GoDaddy rep is telling me it must be a security measure put in place... Due to multiple connections or something. Which is BS I am sure... Just doesn't know whats up.

It is definitely GoDaddy related obviously or I believe we would be seeing much more activity about the issue on the forums.

ughh...same thing happened a few weeks back with forums having trouble posting new threads. All the forums were on godaddy! Enough people called them and they finally admitted it was their fault.

I called Godaddy and he said they hadn't heard of this issue yet. He had me enable the hosting log files to see if the error shows in there after I try to save a few things in vbadvanced CMPS. It's collecting data now. I'm on shared hosting with them. I'll check my logs in an hour or two once I can access them and then let them know what it is - if it shows there.

So I got the log files and saw a pattern when I clicked "save" in vbadvanced, sometimes. I say sometimes because the error only showed up in the logs when I was in the main options of vbadvanced, not when I tried to save pages/modules.

It's a thing called Modsecurity that is blocking this "remote include" (in line 36 of Mod Security) which is causing this error.

I called Godaddy back and after another 45 minute hold, they answered. They said they are kicking this to the higher ups and have the addy of this thread. I hope more people with this issue will post so that they know it's an important problem to solve.

I have been having this issue for roughly a week also. I am on GoDaddy hosting as well. I spent an hour on the phone with them this morning, they checked my forums config file, database, ect. Nothing is wrong there. I referred the guy to this post, they have no clue what's wrong and no way of resolving the issue I was told. If anyone figures something out, let us know please.

Same issue here with GoDaddy. 3.8.7 forum, vbadvanced 3.2.3. When I hit save on the add or edit modules page, I get that "server closed the connection" error.

That's really weird if it's happening when saving modules since the system shouldn't be doing anything all that advanced or complicated. You guys may want to look into other hosting companies since I can't say I've ever really heard much good about godaddy's hosting service.
    Frequently Asked Questions
    CMPS Users Manual

For vBadvanced software assistance, please use the support forums.
    Unsolicted PMs, IMs, and email will not be responded to.
    If you have a non-software related question or problem with your account, please submit a support ticket.

No argument here, but too lazy to move that site at the moment just for this. (most of my other sites are elsewhere) Hopefully GoDaddy can figure out what they broke to fix this glitch. Anyone get anywhere yet, or should I call separately as well?

Any decent priced hosting sites you recommend Brian? I have another 11 months paid on that plan from Godaddy, and I sent a support ticket this time, instead of fooling with script reading tech support. If they do not resolve it soon though, I need another place to park my site at so we can use your cmps and such.

We personally use a dedicated server from iweb.com and I've been very happy with them over the years, but I don't think they offer shared hosting.
    BTW, if one of you that's having an issue on GoDaddy would like to submit a support ticket via the Members' Area here I'll be glad to spend a few minutes playing around to see if there might be an easier fix. I can't *promise* anything, but there may be something I could update to work around their settings.
    CMPS Users Manual

If you have a non-software related question or problem with your account, please submit a support ticket.

What kind of access would I need to set up for you to be able to look around?

Just the info that's asked for when submitting a ticket, FTP info and an admin account on the forum.
    CMPS Users Manual

Ok, ticket id=10967 name="Support for Godaddy error". Maybe you can find something out.

I'm pretty sure I was able to figure out the problem through some trial & error after Bloodhunter submitted a ticket. It appears that GoDaddy has enabled some type of weird and (IMO) kind of silly security measure. Apparently they're trying to block the use of the file_get_contents() function if it is clearly trying to call a remote URL rather than a local file. Perhaps there's a reason for it that I'm missing, but it seems a bit pointless since you can replace the URL within the function with a variable and still have it point to the same URL. At least that means the good news is that it should be a pretty simple fix.
    For those experiencing this issue, I would appreciate it if you could try applying these changes and then reply here to confirm if it fixes the issue so I can be sure to include these changes in the next release.

Look in your admincp/vba_cmps_admin.php file for this code:
    PHP Code:
    $cversion file_get_contents('http://license.vbadvanced.com/?p=4''r'); 
    And replace it with this:
    PHP Code:
        $version_url 'http://license.vbadvanced.com/?p=4';

$cversion = @file_get_contents($version_url'r'); 
    Then find this line (the same as the first, but with @ in front of the function):
    PHP Code:
    $cversion = @file_get_contents('http://license.vbadvanced.com/?p=4''r'); 
    And replace it with the same code as before:
    PHP Code:
        $version_url 'http://license.vbadvanced.com/?p=4';

$cversion = @file_get_contents($version_url'r'); 
    CMPS Users Manual

Brian, I was experiencing the same issue as those above with my GoDaddy hosting. Your solution worked perfectly! Thank you!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information