Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So what's your occupation?

Default So what's your occupation?

I know some of you are full-time coders, and others site administrators, etc. but what is your full-time occupation if other?

I know some of ya aren't even old enough to have a job, and it pisses me off that you know more about PHP than I do. lol

Well, I'm an Electronics Technician for a utility company with a degree in Electronics, and a Bachelors in Business. Currently studying up to become Microsoft certified, MCSA as I am working towards becoming our companies System Administrator. Currently do a majority of it, as well as computer purchases, etc.

Anyone else?

Default Re: So what's your occupation?

Well I've been a club promoter for about the last three years now. That was my main source of income for a while, but the club scene in Atlanta isn't what it used to be anymore. Now I've moved more towards doing free-lance web development. I'll still be throwing more club events, but it seems that's becoming more of a "hobby" since I have to stick with what pays the bills.

PC Tech right now. I am hoping to become a Network Admin as I have experience and knowledge.

I'm a bowhunter/ truckdriver/ webmaster/ an whatever else I can get into

I am a PC Tech Sys/Network Admin, vBulletin Support Staff, and i take random side / web design jobs
    Zachery
    I may or may not do things.

Production Manager for a web developer.

Well, my full time job is the US Air Force...where I'm a networking/PC technician. On the side I try to do the coding for www.xblw.com and I'm one of the owners.

Anyone A+, Network +, or MCSA certified? I'm just about to take the A+ Hardware test, and was curious if anyone else has taken it or the others, or how it was, etc. I'd like to chat if so.

Work in the oilfield.
    Work in progress!

im A+'ed could be Net+ CNA and CCNA along with a few Windows Certs, but imt not

A+ is ez ;D
    Zachery
    I may or may not do things.

Another active duty Air Force guy here. Ground Radio technician with almost 22 years service.

I was an air force brat and a trumpet player and then ventured much more into the entertainment industry...entertainer, propmaster, stagehand, stage electrician...
    Now I'm starting our own business as an organic grower.

I'm leaving my job as a web programmer/software consultant for job as a business analyst. I have 2 business degrees (bs and masters) and 3 ms certs: msgp sql, great plains install & config, great plains finacials. If work pays for certs, make sure to get them.

Arrow Re: So what's your occupation?

I'm semi retired Professional Club & Rave Dj, I currently am a Freelance New Media Engineer & IT Security & Marketing Consultant. Skills include A++, MCSE, Web Programming, Graphics Design & Modelling etc. I have training in Stage Craft Design & Film and Directing at BCIT, and Audio Engineering which tried into my DJ work.
    Last edited by PixelFX; 12-29-2004 at 07:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn
    I was an air force brat and a trumpet player and then ventured much more into the entertainment industry...entertainer, propmaster, stagehand, stage electrician...
    Now I'm starting our own business as an organic grower.
    Organic huh? lol It's not what I think it is, is it? lol

Quote Originally Posted by TexasOutdoors
    Organic huh? lol It's not what I think it is, is it? lol
    heheh, no, but if it were legal it sure would be added to the list of heirloom herbs!

Pixelfx, good for you jumping right into other things and going strong! I think you should add writing a book about your life to your list too.

Quote Originally Posted by PixelFX
    I'm a semi retired professional Rave and club dj, working on a masters in character animation now and game design. I do, IT consulting & design work freelance etc, after being paralized in a MVA which made me have to change my life style from the rave club stuff, still enjoy mixing though Still recovering, but able to walk again after being in a chair for 3 years .. spent the last 10 years since mva learning IT & Media Design Stuff.

I'm a Jane of all Trades if you will... I do a little bit of everything (keeps me sane - I've always been that way).

Full time... Mommy/wife (I have a 4 year old and a 1 year old)... everything else is considered "part time".

I own my own web hosting company - going on 3 years now.
    I've been a web designer for almost 9 years now.

I also do system administration work for other companies as well - I like to help out whenever I can.

I'm the system administrator for HiveMail -- for a while Kevin and Chen couldn't stop killing the thing -- now they leave everything up to me to mess with. lol

I also sell computers (desktops/laptops), computer hardware, and other various electronics/general items to resellers/wholesalers/private parties. I've done quite well with that. My best sale with that was a $8000 profit - I sold $90,000 in laptops to a wholesaler - who in return make about $4000 off of the sale. And I didn't do really much of anything besides be the middleman in the deal. The wholesaler purchased the laptops from me, I ordered them from my supplier, and my supplier shipped them to him. Not a bad job.... get paid to barely do anything (my kind of job!).

Back in the day, before I had my 4 year now, I was a singer/guitarist/keyboardist in a popular local band up in Michigan. That wasn't a full time job though, that's just something that gave me an extra $150/week (sometimes more). I would love to get back into the music scene... but the scene here is lacking ([email protected] noise ordinances downtown).

I'm employed as the IT Director for my company. MCSE, MCNE, CCNA and various other geek-certs in addition to a realworld degree in Electrical Engineering.

You name it and it's part of my daily duties at work.

Tungsten, any type of training or information you used to become certified other than raw knowledge? I'm green to the full-blown MCSA, but have a broad knowledge of networking. I'm currently looking at TestOut, www.testout.com to purchase for training software with simulation. They have an exam pass guarantee. Any suggestions? If so, I'd like to converse with ya in email if you wouldn't mind. I've tried the TestOut software and seems pretty good. Any help is appreciated.

We just upgraded to Windows Server 2003 at our office, and all desktops to XP and I did 95% of that upgrade excluding some work on the server.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information