Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: vBadvanced No Longer Officially Supported

Default vBadvanced No Longer Officially Supported

It is with a bit of a heavy heart that I would like to announce that vBadvanced can no longer be officially supported. I know official support has waned over the last few years, but I have still tried my best to keep up with things while trying to earn a living and keep my bills paid. These days, vBulletin is not the same software that it once was, and it is no longer something that I can base my livelihood on as I once could. I feel extremely blessed and must say that I thoroughly enjoyed my days where my only concern was creating vBulletin add-ons and helping to support some absolutely amazing forum owners. The internet has changed drastically over the last few years though, and I feel it's "officially" time for me to move on as well. I had thoughts of evolving vBadvanced and turning our products into stand-alone software in order to keep things going, but I suppose that wasn't vBadvanced's destiny. I've recently started a new full-time position with a local company where I'll be responsible for creating software that helps to raise many millions of dollars for various charity organizations each year. It's hard to say no to an opportunity like that, and so I plan to do my best and devote my full attention to this new position.
    With that said, I do still intend to keep vBadvanced.com live for as long as I can and while it's at least making enough money to keep the servers live. Just a couple of sales a month will cover that at this point. Without trying to brag, I know vBadvanced CMPS has been one of the most popular forum add-ons ever created and I would like to continue to make our products available to vB3 and vB4 forum owners for as long as possible. At the same time, I feel it's a matter of integrity to keep our customers informed, so I wanted to make this announcement to let our customers know that vBadvanced products should be considered EOL (end of life). I would like to truly thank each and every one of our customers that have made vBadvanced possible.
    Frequently Asked Questions
    CMPS Users Manual

For vBadvanced software assistance, please use the support forums.
    Unsolicted PMs, IMs, and email will not be responded to.
    If you have a non-software related question or problem with your account, please submit a support ticket.

vBadvanced, in particular vBa CMPS, will always have a special place in the history of vBulletin and is undeniably the most important add-on for many vB powered sites. For that you should be proud and is something that many of who have been part of the vBa community appreciate. There will be a number of vB3 & vB4 sites still humming along for the next several years so it is good to see vBadvanced.com will still be available as a resource. The lights in the building might getting a little dim but they aren't turned off yet.

Congratulations on the new position! From the description it sounds like a position that most developers I know would love to be able to be at; a small team that is able to have a big impact on charitable organizations. Not many coders get a chance to work on projects that could have a meaningful impact on peoples lives so it is outstanding to see such a talented coder such as yourself having that opportunity.

Happy for you Brian and wish you every success and gratification. Having gone through the demise of vbPortals though, I am wondering if any consideration has been given to passing vbAdvanced along to a new owner who may be able to justify spending some time and resources to revitalize it. That could be by sale or as a gift ... and I am definitely not angling for the job. But it would seem to me to be worth a try and the right thing to do for those of us who are fans of vbAdvanced and plan to keep using it as long as possible.
    Fred Weiss
    Signs101.com

Very happy for you Brian on your new position. A little sad though about the other news.

A sad day but an inevitable one I feel. I wish you the best of luck Brian, I hope your new position works out for you

I guess it was inevitable after what has happened with vB5.
    Maybe if vB6 is worth coding for ... you might stoke the fire up again ?
    Sounds like you've moved on .... so Congrats to you.
    vBa was a revolution back in the day.

Brian, I wish you the best! You deserve this!
    Thank you for supporting a dying platform for so many years, vBAdvanced was my favorite addon ever! I believe it was my first addon I ever installed coming from PHP Nuke because during the 3.x days XenForo did not have a CMS. Your portal addon was great!

Congratulations on the new job. Sad to see this finally bow out.

Brian, I want to say many thanks for vBAdvanced, which was one of the most important addons I used on AVForums for years. In fact it's one day short of 10 years since I registered here. Good luck for the future.
    Stuart Wright, founder of AVForums.com.
    Very grateful user of vBAdvanced.

Good luck Brian, been a long while since I last used this forum.

Did used own two of your products and ran the CMS. Good old days, good luck in the new job, you always was helpful here supporting the products

Thanks for your hard work over the years Brian. You're one of the few in the forum community that will be remembered for their hard work and great products. Thanks for letting the community know what is going on. Trust me, I know how hard things can become and it's good that you're taking the path that you are. Congratulations on the new job! Seriously.

I will ask what others have and wonder if you've considered passing on the support and update responsibilities to others, like dbtech? I know handing off something like this wouldn't be easy, but I'm sure you could work out a deal with whoever to get a cut of sales. Just don't do what vbseo did and completely drop off the map leaving their customers hanging.

Hi Brian - I just wanted to login and wish you well.
    vBadvanced was definitely at the top of my go-to list for all things vBulletin. It's one of the best CMS options for vBulletin. I and my clients have nothing but respect for the script.
    It's a sad day for vBulletin when developers of your caliber call it quits. But let's face it - you said a mouthful with these few words ==> vBulletin is not the same software that it once was And you're absolutely right. It just isn't. And it's disappointing almost to the point of tears.

Anyway - I'm babbling - but I wanted to just stop by and say thanks for providing vBadvanced all these years. It's a fabulous product that has served me and my clients quite well over the years. And thanks for providing an equally robust support community for it. I've only had a few issues in the past and came here to have my questions/concerns sorted directly. I can't say the same for other products I've even paid for. So kudos for that.

And it looks like you have a FANTASTIC opportunity in front of you.
    Congratulations! I wish you all the best at it.

Respectfully,

J.
    JacquiiDesigns.com • One of a Kind
    Poetry in Color Forum • Celebrating Diversity With The Typed Word
    WLSJourney.org • Shaping Ourselves Into Healthier People
    JacquiiCooke.com • Poetica Magnifique

Sorry to hear that, vBulletin is certainly no longer the software it used to be for a number of reasons and decisions.

Congratulations on the new position though, a case of a new beginning and a new chapter.

However, I do have one question. Now that the products are EOL do you still intend charging for yearly access to the members area for existing customers for downloads?

My members area access expired around March 2014 which I wasn't informed was expiring and only discovered when I recently wanted to re-download Dynamics as part of a possible process of moving forum to vB4.

Thank you to everyone for all of the kind words. It really means a lot and they are certainly appreciated.
    For those asking about the possibility of someone else taking over... That is not something I am totally opposed to. I haven't had anyone contact me yet, but I certainly would listen to any reasonable offers.
    Frequently Asked Questions
    CMPS Users Manual

For vBadvanced software assistance, please use the support forums.
    Unsolicted PMs, IMs, and email will not be responded to.
    If you have a non-software related question or problem with your account, please submit a support ticket.

im sorry to hear that it has come to this.
    hoping you will come join the rest of us now...

Thanks for your efforts!
    Shawn

Your efforts truly amazing.

So sorry to hear that, but totally understand. I do hope that someone will come along and help keep your products alive - I see so much potential in them, still!
    Sim Fans UK - Sims downloads and discussion

I see money may be the best thing so we tried to help ya out with as much coin as possible and hope it helps!

I can totally understand your situation.

Thanks for a fine Product and support!!

Congrats on your new job and we won't forgot this amazing cms you offered us. Life comes first, good luck with your new job

Thanks for your support over the years.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information