Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: vB4.1.4 (CKeditor) is released (gold)

Default vB4.1.4 (CKeditor) is released (gold)

Hi

Are there any issues with vBa CMPS and vB4.1.4 ?

Thanks!
    AusPhotography - Australia's Premier Photographic Forum
    www.ausphotography.net.au is a photography forum where members share their photography, photo editing skills and techniques. We run regular photographic competitions
    Rick (site owner) and Kym (site tech) using this account
    Please vote for IPv6 support

Home of the AP fully comprehensive vb4 photographic competition management solution

I've applied the patch (4.1.4) to one installation and that does seem to have caused two issues.

The first is that I can no longer drag and drop modules. I believe this issue has been already reported and may be the result of an earlier security fix that has been included in the latest patch. There is a workaround to be found in this forum but I haven't been able to test it yet.

The second problem is a show stopper. I am no longer able to edit module or page content because the existing content is not displayed and there's no editor present. I've only just found this out which is why I'm here posting but I'm surprised to see nobody else reporting this so I'm wondering if it's an issue specific to my site.

Quote Originally Posted by zappaDPJ View Post

The second problem is a show stopper. I am no longer able to edit module or page content because the existing content is not displayed and there's no editor present. I've only just found this out which is why I'm here posting but I'm surprised to see nobody else reporting this so I'm wondering if it's an issue specific to my site.

Not specific to your site. I just came across this issue myself. Any help would be appreciated

Thanks for the confirmation.

Another issue I'm having is CSS added to the vBulletin additional.css template is no longer being picked up by vBadvanced.

Another issue I'm having is CSS added to the vBulletin additional.css template is no longer being picked up by vBadvanced.
    I don't think this has anything to do with vBadvanced as it appears to be a general issue across all templates so there's either a bug in 4.1.4 or it's something specific to my forum.

I have this bug too, I can't edit any modules...
    I hope you'll release a fix very soon

No word on a fix to this yet??

The first is that I can no longer drag and drop modules. I believe this issue has been already reported and may be the result of an earlier security fix that has been included in the latest patch. There is a workaround to be found in this forum but I haven't been able to test it yet.

Enable Drag & Drop Modules -> NO

You can use use a simple form to arrange modules.

For now the drag & drop setting will need to be disabled until we are able to release an update.
    Frequently Asked Questions
    CMPS Users Manual

For vBadvanced software assistance, please use the support forums.
    Unsolicted PMs, IMs, and email will not be responded to.
    If you have a non-software related question or problem with your account, please submit a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    For now the drag & drop setting will need to be disabled until we are able to release an update.
    Would you by any chance have any kind of ETA?

i have large insane problems with 4.1.4 you guys need to update vbacmps

Quote Originally Posted by AK Houston View Post
    i have large insane problems with 4.1.4 you guys need to update vbacmps

Sorry but you really should not have upgraded your site without checking that all your modifications worked first. Always check on a test install before going live.

vBa products are not the only mods to be broken by the changes in vb 4.1.4. there are other changes apart from the CKEditor that are causing issues.
    There are more than enough threads/posts here on this subject already, Brian has 3 major products here that need time to be upgraded and tested, he has said he is working on these, you need to be patient.

Not to mention that vBa CMPS is graciously offered for free by a company wishing to make money with their other products.

I'm still amazed that vBa CMPS hasn't become commercial by now.

Quote Originally Posted by CareyCrew View Post
    Sorry but you really should not have upgraded your site without checking that all your modifications worked first. Always check on a test install before going live.

vBa products are not the only mods to be broken by the changes in vb 4.1.4. there are other changes apart from the CKEditor that are causing issues.
    There are more than enough threads/posts here on this subject already, Brian has 3 major products here that need time to be upgraded and tested, he has said he is working on these, you need to be patient.
    i mean its fine, i just cant edit any modules..

Quote Originally Posted by AK Houston View Post
    i have large insane problems with 4.1.4
    I Agree. In the last version (4.1.4) i see some problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Chani View Post
    Not to mention that vBa CMPS is graciously offered for free by a company wishing to make money with their other products.

I'm still amazed that vBa CMPS hasn't become commercial by now.
    Unless you're like most of the site's I do work with and pay for the Branding Free option.

In any case, I still agree that people should be patient...

BBCode based modules (That use the editor) are broken.

An if conditional needs to be added to the integration plugin to disable for the vBulletin Mobile Suite to prevent an "Unexpected error" on the mobile application when accessing an integrated home page.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeF View Post
    BBCode based modules (That use the editor) are broken.
    Same, but I believe it's already been reported.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeF View Post
    An if conditional needs to be added to the integration plugin to disable for the vBulletin Mobile Suite to prevent an "Unexpected error" on the mobile application when accessing an integrated home page.
    Sorry this was late. Specifically, to prevent the Mobile App from giving errors on integrated pages, the code needs to set this in Integration Startup (init_startup) plug-in:

Code:
    Line 1: if (!VB_API) { 
    Last: }
    It may be wise to do this on any plug-in that uses the init_startup hook, but this is the one that causes the mobile app errors.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information