Thread: News Archive Not Showing.

Default News Archive Not Showing.

I upgraded to RC2 and now when i edit my pages and things it will put the page block at the bottom and on my custom pages - stats doesnt show - only on th emain page. Achived news also wont show...

Is there something i have to update..

Yes i moved my forums from /forums/ to my home directory.

Default Re: Custom Pages and updated blocks.

Ok i got it alldone but the news archieve isn't working now.. not showing.

Default Re: News Archive Not Showing.

Try downloading the package from here again, upload the vbacmps_install.php file to your admin cp directory, go to it in your browser, and select the option to install only the templates.

I tried that didnt work.. ill wait till i post news again see if that works...

Did you download the files from here again?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian
    Try downloading the package from here again, upload the vbacmps_install.php file to your admin cp directory, go to it in your browser, and select the option to install only the templates.
    I also tried that with no luck, My news & news archive module havn't shown up since I've upgraded, yes they are active, yes I've tried reinstalling the templates, yes I've ran the upgrade.... What should I do?

Mine didn't show up until I opened the module and added the pages/threads I wanted for my news etc. Might try that.

I have the same problem as the first post,,, I placed the threads in that I wanted selected for news , and they will not show up,,,,, I tried many things, the last thing I tried was deleting the news module,,, ( does anybody have the default settings for that module IE. templates to include etc )

Here's the .module file for the news module. Just upload it through the 'Download / Upload Module' link.

As for the news not showing, once you get eveything set up again can you take a screenshot of the options you have set (just the news settings, not any of the specific module settings)?
    Last edited by Brian; 07-21-2005 at 05:29 PM.

Its all setup,,, still cannot see news thread

The settings I was asking for were actually the ones below these. Would you mind posting a screen shot of those for me? Also, you may want to edit your 'Default / Homepage' page first and make sure that the module is active there and that you do not have any different settings showing on that particular page.

Thank you for looking into this here is your request

I installed the latest v2.0 RC2 fresh to my vBulletin 3.07 board. The News block is working but not News Archive. I tried to download, delete and re-upload this module but the News Archive Options template is no longer there???. How could I re-install this module and if there is anything special to get it going?

Also, is there a way to display the News block in more than its default of 1 colspans?

TIA

Mozokas - You should have a lot more options than that, which is probably what is creating the problem. I'm not entirely sure why they would be missing, but if you'd like to submit a support ticket I'll be glad to take a look.
    xnt - Did you make sure you set the number of archived posts to display, and that you have more news posts than the 'Maximum Number of Threads to Display' option?

Mozokas - You should have a lot more options than that, which is probably what is creating the problem. I'm not entirely sure why they would be missing, but if you'd like to submit a support ticket I'll be glad to take a look.
    xnt - Did you make sure you set the number of archived posts to display, and that you have more news posts than the 'Maximum Number of Threads to Display' option?
    support ticket sent Thank You!

Thanks Brian! I probably did not have it set it correctly. Unfortunately, I went ahead and re-install the News Archive module by doing the Download (generate the newsarchive.module), Delete and Upload but this procedure did not re-create the News Archive Option template???. Is there a way to re-install or add just this Option template so I can change the setting? Thanks

On a side note I can not get anything new ( modules ) to show up, in the side areas or center.

Quote Originally Posted by xnt
    Thanks Brian! I probably did not have it set it correctly. Unfortunately, I went ahead and re-install the News Archive module by doing the Download (generate the newsarchive.module), Delete and Upload but this procedure did not re-create the News Archive Option template???. Is there a way to re-install or add just this Option template so I can change the setting? Thanks
    I found a way to manually insert the settings and phrases to re-create the News Archive Option template.

IMHO, the download | upload option should have included these settings, otherwise exporting & importing some php modules will not work properly.

Quote Originally Posted by xnt
    IMHO, the download | upload option should have included these settings, otherwise exporting & importing some php modules will not work properly.
    Yes, the options should. There's a bug in the current version that prevents them from being added to the file though.
    http://www.vbadvanced.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9326

(I know that's the 3.x forum, but the fix is the same.)

Quote Originally Posted by xnt View Post
    I found a way to manually insert the settings and phrases to re-create the News Archive Option template.

Can you explain how you got this working manually because I simply cannot get this to work. I am trying to get it to show news archives from all the forums and not just one particular forum.

Thread Information