Portal/CMS for my new vB
I am the proud new owner of a vB license and will soon convert my site to vB.
However, I need a portal/CMS system for it. I am hoping this is it!
I know there is some debate over portals vs CMS systems.
I need the following:
1. Something that is integrated nicely with vB and when the time comes to upgrade vB little or no issues with the upgrade process due to the portal/CMS add on.
2. Having a main page with news content that gets updated or added to based on the post that is made in the forum. It also includes images based on the type of news or article you are posting (Like phpnuke does).
3. Blocks for navigation,etc. that you can add, move, and choose where you want to put the blocs, including next to posts, or next to main forum page if you choose.
4. When you add a skin or style to your board, the blocks and portal system are also adjusted automagicly and pick up the new look.
5. Ease of use and ease to administrate without requiring going into any code and adding things. This newbie cannot do that. I like the ability to add a html, php, or some script into a block, select what type of code it, select the news type article, and it is created based on where I select to put it.
Those are some of the basic needs.
Can someone HELP me please with their suggestions?
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|VB Announcement in a module?||pdatotaal||Add-On Modules & Modifications||17||04-08-2005 03:18 AM|
|Clarification? vb vs. cmps news settings||StewardManscat||Feedback & Suggestions||3||07-06-2004 07:00 PM|